Barani Out Attempt Problems

Started by Banzas, January 13, 2013 · 3 Replies · 1,500 Views

Banzas

Hi everyone :)

I've been attempting for sometime Barani Out on the layout position but I've been having some problems like you can see on the video:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxJwaBWPtk0

 

On the take off, I automatically pike and just straight it when I do the twist piking again after that (I think this last pike happens because I'm afraid of underrotate and fall so I pike and after landing I give so much steps backwards). I also noticed I lose some arms and legs control in the end.


In conclusion, my biggest issue seems to keep a layout form during all the movement and not just when twisting (the half twist looks a bit early I guess but you guys let me know ;) ).

 

My coach keeps telling me to "kick" with the heels but I don't quite understand how to do it when doing the jump and I'm also afraid of losing control in the air.

 

I'd like if possible to hear your opinions, corrections (I know some of them but I'd like to know what you think) and drills to improve my form.

Thank you!

Yaad Mohammad

Your coach is correct, kick with your heels. Kick as if you're trying to hit the back of your head. This'll give you a feeling of what you're supposed to do. Don't over-do it though!

Banzas

Thank you for your answer :)

 

I know that I should kick with my heels but I've tried that once and I arched a bit too much (like a front whip) and lost control. Maybe I'm also afraid because when I'm piking I can see the floor and control my landing and when I tried and arched, I just got lost.

Any creative drills/ideas or just doing 3/4 flip to my back thinking about kicking the heels will be enough?

 

Thanks :)

Yaad Mohammad

I'd practice front layouts and try to perfect the form. Try to find the right balance in kicking.