Missing Pieces? (Foundation)

Started by ace77, January 11, 2013 · 1 Replies · 1,929 Views

ace77

Hi!  

 

I've been reading for a while and this is my first post.  I have a ton of questions but will try to pace myself and find as much as I can on my own.  

 

Thank you very much for the great info on these forums.  

 

I have been working on my l-sit and have also been doing an l-hang during pull ups for a few months now. I just started adding in a small amount of ring exercises about a month ago.  I noticed yesterday that I can now do an l-sit on the rings but I'm not sure if this means that I SHOULD do l-sits on the rings.  During my static work I usually alternate between a handstand with my stomach facing the wall and my l-sit (which I can now perform most of them on the floor) with 60s in between rounds.  

 

Would there be a benefit to doing some of the L-sit work on the rings? or should this wait until much later?  I did 2 l-sits on the rings and the second was quite shaky but didn't feel terribly hard. 

 

I was initially doing planche work in my statics (advanced frog), but it seemed like I read that something should come before the planche, am I remembering correctly?  

 

I just read about the manna and would like to start it.  It seemed like Coach Sommer was okay with working the progression without having a v-sit.  Do I understand this correctly?

 

Are there any FSP's that absolutely must be worked from the beginning to get far down the road that I could be leaving out?  

 

I'm currently working prereqs (hollow hold, superman, plank, r-plank etc), HS, L-sit, Ring support (too soon?), german hang, FL (seems slow for me but there is progress)... i throw in some planche work or something seemingly advanced for fun every once in a while, i haven't been working the BL much but did a little in the beginning.  

 

Please forgive me if any of this has already been addressed elsewhere.  This has been a blast of information for me so I may have run across something and it fell out of my head already.  

 

Looking forward to your responses!

Keilani Gutierrez

from what little i've gathered so far and can offer to you is work on a stabilizing routine. in essence a routine that has all basic planes of movements addressed to create a harmonious development of the shoulder girdle muscles.

 

look at this thread and start from there https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/

 

it definetely helped me to start off on the right note. cheers!