This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tors Anything Can Be Done Workout Log - Norway Edition

Started by Tor, January 9, 2013 · 22 Replies · 238 Views

Tor
Welcome to my humble corner. Quick info
 
23 years old
185cm high
90kgs (aiming for 88)
Lives in Norway
Been training for 5 years
Tired of weights.
Educating as Prison Officer
 
Notes:
Logging on a Norwegian training community too, so my videos often contains Norwegian dub.
Just hit the mute button. Did I forget to mention? I video workout logs most of my trainings, easier than wall of text.  Before my current education I was a certified personal trainer and worked as that for 2 years.
I've done Parkour, Freeruning and lifting weights. I'm in love with Olympic Lifts (Clean and press yea?)
Been doing handstands since late 2004. Nothing serious, just free stand. So don't expect good form ;)
Wall of text should end here.
Pardon my bad English. I'm still Norwegian ;)

Latest project finished
 
 
Goals for 2013
  1. Full Planche
  2. Straddled Planche
  3. Front Lever
  4. Pullups with my girlfriend as weight
  5. 120kg in clean and press
 
Programming
Dag 1: Embedded Back lever with pull variations
Dag 2: Embedded Planche with press variations
Dag 3: Embedded Front Lever with front squats
Dag 4: CPPs variations (combined pull press)
Dag 5: L-Sit/Straddled/Manna with core and lower back
 
Steady State approx 8 weeks.
 
Day 1:
Embedded back back lever flat tuck
Front Lever Rows
Pullups L
Reverse yewkies
 
Day2
Embedded Planche
Pushup XR PPP
Dips Single Bar
HeSPU
Chestroll to HeSpu
 
Day3
Embedded Front Lever
Front Squats
 
Day 4
CPP variations
Olympic Lifts
 
Day 5
L-Sit Variations
Straddled Variations
Manna
V ups or HLS
HLL variations
 


I don't count weeks as in 7 days since sometimes I need a day rest on or off. So I only count finished cycles. I'll use Steady State on both On static and Strength training hoping for a 8 week cycle as a normal.

I pretty much think that sums it up. This program is built on what I've learned from BGB book by Coach Sommers him self. So please, any tips, insights or anything positive critique is highly accepted.

Yaad Mohammad

Really loved the video man! Looks very tiring though! Might try making a video like that.

Tor
Yaad Mohammad said:
Really loved the video man! Looks very tiring though! Might try making a video like that.

Thanks! It was tiring making it, used about 6hours taping cams and doing takes. About 4 of them on my hands.

I'd love to see. My videos are greatly inspired by Tim "LiveWire" Shieff :)

MathiasF

Cool to see some norwegian guys here. Looks like a good routine if you can handle that much. Eat well :)

 

/norwegian

 

Du studerer ved fengselsskolen? Har faktisk tenkt Ã¥ søke den utdanningen selv, men litt usikker pÃ¥ et par ting. Kan jeg spørre hva som var grunnen  til at du ønsket Ã¥ jobbe som fengselsbetjent? :)

Yaad Mohammad
Tor said:
Thanks! It was tiring making it, used about 6hours taping cams and doing takes. About 4 of them on my hands.

I'd love to see. My videos are greatly inspired by Tim "LiveWire" Shieff :)

Yes, I've seen his videos and that sounds incredibly tiring!

Tor
MathiasF said:
Cool to see some norwegian guys here. Looks like a good routine if you can handle that much. Eat well :)

 

/norwegian

 

Du studerer ved fengselsskolen? Har faktisk tenkt Ã¥ søke den utdanningen selv, men litt usikker pÃ¥ et par ting. Kan jeg spørre hva som var grunnen  til at du ønsket Ã¥ jobbe som fengselsbetjent? :)

Thanks, yea so I thought too. Been training for 1 to 2 hours 4 days a week for the past 3 years. Some of these days are pretty light too, but as always I'll just make changes if needed :)

 

/norwegian

Melder deg på PM ;)

 

 

Yaad Mohammad said:
Yes, I've seen his videos and that sounds incredibly tiring!

I vote for you making a handstand video, doing something regular ;) It's tiring but entirely worth it, my opinion!

Tor

Todays session! Comments appreciated - mostly critique where needed.

 

 

Embedded back back lever flat tuck
Front Lever Rows 1,2,3,2,1
Pullups XR - Bulgarian L
Pullups +25kg - 2,2,2,2,2

One Armed Handstand

 

The rows and pullups feels a bit easy. Before my elbow went crazy (infected tendon of the tricep) I managed several attempts of MU without kipp or speed :). However engaging my shoulderblades on the bottom position hanging in a L is tricky. I think it's getting better

Tor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EjvLmSEDms

 

Front lever and  and Olympic lifts!
I'll probably do a cycle of flat tuck FL before straddle.

Olympic lifts where heavy today due my legs. Couldave pulled 105kg+ in press. But legs couldn't carry more than mere 97.5kg.
My PR is 115 so not a good day. However I worked it up 10 sets before the 100kg attempt which i'm not used to. This will however get better as I get used to this new way of blocking training olympics ;)

Mats Trane

Your handstand video was impressive and funny! Was it GoPro camera?

Second video, on your backlever turn your palms down.

Tor
Mats Trane said:
Your handstand video was impressive and funny! Was it GoPro camera?

Second video, on your backlever turn your palms down.

Glad you enjoyed it! It was a gopro used for the overshot filming, and a Ipad 3rd gen for anything else. 

I tested your tip, and I felt more strength. However hyper-extending my arms hurts a bit and they look like they broke during the movement. Just watch the video ;)

Tor
ewethestuff said:
Tor, love your vids. Just a heads up from someone who injured their elbows doing this - palms down back lever is way harder on your elbows that palms up.

 

Consider dropping down a few progressions until you no longer feel discomfort and slowly working back up to straddle. You are definitely hyperextending, which means your elbows will need more time to adjust to the demands placed on them.

 

A few weeks of tuck BL or even german hang might save you a lot of lost injury time.

Suggestion noted, and I will definitely take your advice. Although there is the usual stiffness and soreness today It would be a stupid decision to continue with straddled progression. 

Does the hyperextension have any other flaws with it? Or is it just a bit longer period for the elbows to adjust?

Yaad Mohammad
Tor said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrNf_93Zd_E

 

Tucked Planches

Pushup XR PPP

Regular Dips

HeSPU negative

Chest roll to HeSpu

 

:) So yea.. Sooon figuring it out I think

Tuck planche looks almost perfect. You need to TUCK though. You're almost in an advanced tuck planche now, you don't want that just yet.

Tor
Yaad Mohammad said:
Tuck planche looks almost perfect. You need to TUCK though. You're almost in an advanced tuck planche now, you don't want that just yet.

Thanks! I'll do that, for a cycle and then move on :) See if the tucked flat is better then :)

Tor

 

Olympic

90x3,2,1,

95x1

100x1

105x1

100x1

100x1

 

Front Lever Flat Tuck

Handstand Technique

Tor

After good reading at the starters sub-forum page I've red-designed it.

 

 

 FBE
Monday: Horizontal Pushing and Pulling

Thursday: Curling and Dipping

Wednesday: Run (intervals)

Thursday: Pullups and HeSPU

Friday: MPP (Muscle up etc) + Olympic lifts

Saturday: Run (intervals / long runs)

Sunday: Rest (Running Intervals or long runs)

 

Everyday Training (PRE FSP)

15mins mobility training
Arch Hold 3x60

Hollow Hold 3x60
L-Sit 3x60

L-Hang 3x60

Wall HS 3x60

HeS 3x60

Inverted Hang 3x60

Hungarian Hang 3x60

(RX og PB Support) 3x60

 

Those are the goals.

 

 

So this is todays  training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hin0dqlMz_I

Hollow Hold 35,31,29

Arch Hold 50,31,31
L-Sit 10,12,10

L-Hang 20,18,19

Wall HS 40,30,20

HeS 3x60 (wooho!)

Inverted Hang 20,15, 14

Hungarian Hang 10,10,10

 

WAY TO SHABBY! Looking forward to improve them all the coming weeks :)

 

Note: I'm training for marathon this summer. That's why all the running.

Hercules

I like the vids! Respect for going back to basics. They are basic but when you don't do them  much they're tough.

 

With the German Hangs (what you call Hungarian hangs  :)) make sure you supinate your palms (palms down). A neutral grip doesn't really stress the biceps tendon much - the very thing we need to condition.

You can lower the height of the ring to about face level (or whatever heigh necessary) then use your feet to spot. You don't want to push your chest down, you want to have the chest and hips up and working with the rings lower lets you do this.

Like slizzardman shows here:

I did my german hangs and BL pronated - in November I started doing foot assisted supinated German Hangs with a lot of discomfort - now I have an easy 30 seconds unassisted with my hips pushed forward. I'm now working BL Tuck with supinated grip.

Tor

Hey man! And thanks for in dept post :D I love good criticism. Makes me better :) And yea, it's kind of hard going back to the very very basics, but what the hell; I need a good warmup routine that I stay with and in the end, something similar to this it is going to be :)

 

Thanks for the tips on germans, very good tips. I have a tendency to go neutral or pronated grip during hangs. But I'll for sure do supinated training from now on :) and thanks for the video! ;)

 

Now that last part really motivates me, ain't that long since november :D

 

Thanks man!

Tor

Monday: Warmup 30 sec rest between set.
Arch hold 1mx3
Hollow hold 45,25,31
L sit 20,11,9
L hang21,14,15
Wall hs 45,30,30
HeS 1mx3
Invert hang45,34,25
German hang
Pb support
Ring support

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z8m7vAFx2g

 

Thirsday

Warm Up = 30sec rest between sets.

Arch hold 1mx3
Hollow hold 1m, 35, 33
L sit 24,14,10
L hang 24, 18,19
Wall hs 55, 33,32
HeS 1mx3
Invert hang 48, 20,22
German hang
Pb support
Ring support
A few improvements, only on one day. I think it's the brain tricking me, getting more used to hold out those last seconds.
Curls and Dips was on program. Problem was my hands couldn't hold rings anymore - too tired - so I didn't dare curls. I missread and did the dips the day before. Therefor, only warmup sequense was done :)

 


 

Tor


Progress :) I like!