I was in a flood

Started by sasquatch, December 15, 2008 · 18 Replies · 17,121 Views

sasquatch

It's been pretty crazy these past couple days. We've had super hard rain here and it caused a lot of flooding.

At one point there was a river running thrue my yard at chest height! :shock: I thought it was gonna run into my house!

I'm looking forward to it drying, I want to use my rings again.

Blairbob

damn

sasquatch

Yea, it was pretty crazy! I haven't used my rings since it happend, the area I hang them is all trashed and muddy.

I've still been praticing other stuff indoors though, I'm having a hard time getting the finale inches on my side-splits. :|

kbryk
finale inches on my side-splits.

I'm having a hard time on my final feet, sorry to hear about the flood, happened over here in Illinois during the summer.

sasquatch

Yea splits suck, at first it feels like the flexibillity increases fast, but after awhile it feel like you aren't getting anywhere.:(

It wasn't a super bad flood, nobody died, it was just the worst I've ever been in.

matthew.percussion

I made a short video, still need to edit it, but I almost got my full right and left leg splits. Middle sucks. :shock:

sasquatch
matthew.percussion said:
I made a short video, still need to edit it, but I almost got my full right and left leg splits. Middle sucks. :shock:

Are the other splits easier to learn? I haven't really tried them to much.

Gregor
sasquatch said:
matthew.percussion said:
I made a short video, still need to edit it, but I almost got my full right and left leg splits. Middle sucks. :shock:

Are the other splits easier to learn? I haven't really tried them to much.

Not realy, it all depends on your natural abillitys wich is easier to you...

sasquatch

I see, do you think I should practice all these splits at once, or wait until I can do one then move to another?

Gregor

You can all at once.

matthew.percussion

Yep. Definitely All at once. I'm posting my video in just a few minutes. Most of it is just a few sets of Straddle L, L-Sits and Tuck planches. But the end there is some stretching(played fast).

I'll let you know when its up.

sasquatch
matthew.percussion said:
I just realized that this video isn't really beneficial to learning/training to do the splits. However, here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86UpIk6qf04
Thanks for the video, I didn't know what kind of streatches to do for front splits before. Your pretty tall for a gymnast too, huh?

I have a youtube account, all my videos are only 4 secounds long though... gotta keep it short with dial-up. lol

matthew.percussion

Haha. Yes, very tall for a gymnast.

sasquatch
matthew.percussion said:
Haha. Yes, very tall for a gymnast.
Last time the docters told me my height they said I was 6-4 and a half. :shock:
Gregor
matthew.percussion said:
I just realized that this video isn't really beneficial to learning/training to do the splits. However, here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86UpIk6qf04

in a V-seat your heels must be high as your hips. :wink: Nice work :)

matthew.percussion
Gregor said:
matthew.percussion said:
I just realized that this video isn't really beneficial to learning/training to do the splits. However, here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86UpIk6qf04

in a V-seat your heels must be high as your hips. :wink: Nice work :)

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Did you mean the middle split hold for the manna?

Gregor

sorry my mistake :oops: :lol: I meant stradlle seat

matthew.percussion

Oh. I haven't been working on it for very long. I do need to work on it quite a bit. But what you saw in the video was a struggle for me. :|