Question On 2 Skills.

Started by Jordi Van Gelder, January 9, 2013 · 13 Replies · 2,125 Views

Jordi Van Gelder

1st question: Must the front lever be done with full straigth arm with locked elbows?

 

2nd question: How close must be the face to the floor for to be a japanese handstand and not just a wide arm handstand?

 

Thank you so much.

Mats Trane

1. Yes

2. 2 Fists

Jordi Van Gelder
Mats Trane said:
1. Yes

2. 2 Fists

fists? in cm or inches?

B1214N

1. Yes

2. I would say 2X shoulder width to be good, but I'm not sure what the minimum width is that would be counted by the judges.

Mats Trane

Like this. See pic

post-90-0-68885100-1357807385_thumb.jpg

Jordi Van Gelder

I see, thank you.

About the front lever, i used to do it with a little bend arm, and could do it full extended. Now when i try totally straigth arm its hard to hold in straddle haha.

B1214N
NeN said:
I see, thank you.

About the front lever, i used to do it with a little bend arm, and could do it full extended. Now when i try totally straigth arm its hard to hold in straddle haha.

Yes, it's definitely harder with locked arms. I see too many people showing FL with slightly bent arms on youtube. Did you mean fully extended legs with little arm bend when you meant that you could do it full extended?

Yaad Mohammad
B1214N said:
Yes, it's definitely harder with locked arms. I see too many people showing FL with slightly bent arms on youtube. Did you mean fully extended legs with little arm bend when you meant that you could do it full extended?

I always thought stretching it would be easier and the more you bend, the harder it is. But that's probably because I never train bend arm with front-levers.

Jordi Van Gelder
B1214N said:
Yes, it's definitely harder with locked arms. I see too many people showing FL with slightly bent arms on youtube. Did you mean fully extended legs with little arm bend when you meant that you could do it full extended?

Yes extended legs. 

B1214N
Yaad Mohammad said:
I always thought stretching it would be easier and the more you bend, the harder it is. But that's probably because I never train bend arm with front-levers.

Locked arms has always been harder, I remember before that I would hold a locked arm FL to failure and then immediately hold a slightly bent arm (straight looking too) FL for an even longer amount of time before failure even occurs. The time would be even longer if I held the bent arm FL first when I'm fresh.

Yaad Mohammad
B1214N said:
Locked arms has always been harder, I remember before that I would hold a locked arm FL to failure and then immediately hold a slightly bent arm (straight looking too) FL for an even longer amount of time before failure even occurs. The time would be even longer if I held the bent arm FL first when I'm fresh.

Does it get harder though the more you bend your arms? I think it does. I think once you get past 90 degrees it gets much and much harder.

B1214N
Yaad Mohammad said:
Does it get harder though the more you bend your arms? I think it does. I think once you get past 90 degrees it gets much and much harder.

Very bent arm FL is hard too. I'm not sure if it's harder than locked arms though. I've entered a maximally bent arm FL from a bent arm hang and it felt about as difficult as a locked arm FL. I can only bend as much to where my upper arms are level with my torso or a bit lower where my elbows are slightly below my body.

Yaad Mohammad
B1214N said:
Very bent arm FL is hard too. I'm not sure if it's harder than locked arms though. I've entered a maximally bent arm FL from a bent arm hang and it felt about as difficult as a locked arm FL. I can only bend as much to where my upper arms are level with my torso or a bit lower where my elbows are slightly below my body.

What about bent arms front-lever on p-bars. I can hardly do them. If you can manage to get your hips at wrist level, damn that would be pretty hard. Would be like a bend arm victorian.

 

Edit:

Also, congratz for your 500th post on GB! You're an advanced member now haha.

B1214N
Yaad Mohammad said:
What about bent arms front-lever on p-bars. I can hardly do them. If you can manage to get your hips at wrist level, damn that would be pretty hard. Would be like a bend arm victorian.

 

Edit:

Also, congratz for your 500th post on GB! You're an advanced member now haha.

Thanks for the congrats lol! I never tried a FL on p-bars so I don't know, but suspect it should be the like the same on a single bar or rings. I can't get my hips level with hands even without starting from a FL row. At first I thought it may be due to genetic structure, but I don't know now. I think maybe training the victorian should help you get that super bent arm FL/bent arm victorian.