so, i worked my way up to doing 4 one arm pushups (terrible form, go sue me) but I was feeling pain in my wrists, brachialis and scapula. decided to test max pushups and I could only do 15!
So, I decided to start doing 50 pushups every day. Even got around to buying a set of gymnastics rings. worked my way up to 25 pushups really quickly, then started them on the rings.
I could only do 7.
Now, I've heard that the more you work your stabiliser muscles, the less you work your prime movers. in terms of tendon health and preparing my body for one arm pushups, would I be better off working on regular pushups?
I'm probably going to keep working both either way, but I wanted to hear everyones thoughts on rings vs regular pushups. for my own two cents, with regular pushups i could feel the work most in my shoulderblades (probably an aftereffect of learning to activate my scapula with one arm pushups) but with rings pushups i didn't really feel it in any of my prime movers (triceps, delts, pecs ect) but more my abs and biceps of all things.
i know most people here probably work dips and handstand pushups more than anything horizontal, but anyone with any experience, feel free to chime in.