Ppp For Critique

Started by FredInChina, January 9, 2013 · 9 Replies · 1,562 Views

FredInChina

You are losing focus on the 4th set...

Okay, just kidding, the camera did that ! :D

3D Guy

well, i have been working in strength, and i have no more progressions to move on than to pseudo planche pushups.

 

Although planche is not one of my actual goals, i was looking for one horizontal pshing exercise, as i find relatively easy rings pushups.

 

 

Is the first time i work for pseudo planche pushups, and worked for 5x5, and didn't feel them too difficult. BUT, here the thiings is that i dunno if my techinque is correct. Could you give me your opinion on the next video?

 

http://youtu.be/9GETEcrsgQY

What can be improved? What and how can i correct?

Thanks for watching in advice!

KingJR

Your body seems to push back a little as you push up. You really need to consciously think about not moving back or else it just happens automatically when you straighten your arms.

Daniel Burnham

A good way to keep yourself from moving back is to put your feet against a wall. I used to do this and also put a penny on the floor below me so I could tell if I was moving relative to it.

Yaad Mohammad

I recommend you to protract your shoulders everytime you stretch your arms to make it harder and more efficient for your planche training.

3D Guy

thank you all for the answers.

 

I'll begin doing some of the following things that you reccommended

 

1. Protacting the shoulders in the whole ppp

2. using a wall for controling my movement and no leaning backward.

3. and focusing my camera  hahaha

 

Thank you again =)

 

Greetings from Mexico

Yaad Mohammad
Zach Armijo said:
You will not be able to protract towards the bottom of the movement. People freak when they can't at the bottom :P

I was wondering this. Can you protract your scapula as soon as you bend your arms?

 

Edit:

Stupid question, should've tried it before I asked it. The answer is yes.

3D Guy

Haha okok

I will protact my sholdrrs in the moment they must be protacted

XD

Richard Burns

There is an way to push strictly up and down in PPP. Check out the Pseudo-planche push-ups section in the page. The link is http://www.drillsandskills.com/article/15

Notice the feet position in the both pictures. As you descend, your feet get away. As you ascend, your feet come close to your hips.  

This will make it pretty big f much harder to perform. 

3D Guy
Richard Burns said:
There is an way to push strictly up and down in PPP. Check out the Pseudo-planche push-ups section in the page. The link is http://www.drillsandskills.com/article/15

Notice the feet position in the both pictures. As you descend, your feet get away. As you ascend, your feet come close to your hips.  

This will make it pretty big f much harder to perform. 

truth man, i think i'll use it..

 

 

what i really want it to find something that coud be a specific point to llok for making them the most strict possible 

 

thank you =)