This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My Quest To Awesomeness

Started by KingJR, January 8, 2013 · 3 Replies · 77 Views

KingJR

Alright well, I didn't even realize that there was a log section in this forum until recently. So I decided to join in and just let everyone in on what I'm up to. Maybe it'll help some, and maybe some will help me!

 

I'm not going to put up every workout I do. Because I work in 8 week cycles where my program basically stays the same and then I test. So I'll just put up my weeks schedule, and at the end of the cycle, I'll try and take videos of where I'm at and what the my form looks like so I ( and you guys ) can critique it.

 

Oh, and I've just started my 4th cycle. I'll be on my second week now with this routine. I think I've made some very decent progress and can't wait to see where I end up at the end of the year! Oh, also, I'm following the Integrated training protocol. Which is just that I combine my FSP and FBE in a superset. It's my first cycle on it. I was mostly following something similar to the killroy template before ( at least I think I was...).

 

My current Max for my FSP are:

L-sit: PB = 36 sec

Planche: Tuck = 20 sec

Front Lever: flat tuck = 28 sec

Back Lever: flat tuck = 50 sec

 

I follow the same set/rep range on all FBE: 3x2-5

 

Day 1:

- Planche : Tuck = 10 sec

- Push ups: XR PPP plus

 

- Front Lever: flat tuck = 14 sec

- Front Lever Rows: straddle

 

- Back Lever: flat tuck = 25 sec

- Muscle Ups: sitting

 

- L-sit: PB = 18 sec

- V-ups: straddle

 

- Deadlifts

 

Day 2:

- L-sit: PB

- Dips: Straight bar

 

- Front lever: Flat tuck

- Pull Ups: Wide grip behind the neck

 

- Planche: tuck

- HS: tuck press

 

- Back lever: Flat tuck

- Back pull: negatives

 

Day 3:

- Planche: tuck

- HeSPU: practice up and down

 

- Front lever: flat tuck

- Reverse Yewkis: flat tuck

 

- Back lever: flat tuck

- Muscle ups: negatives

 

- L-sit: PB

- RLL: headstand

 

Day 4:

- Planche: tuck

- Chest Roll to HSPU

 

- Front lever: flat tuck

- Front lever pulls

 

- L-sit: PB

- HS: Cast Wall Walks w/ side taps x 4

 

- Back lever: flat tuck

- Back pull: negatives

 

- Squats

 

Well, that's it! That's my weekly schedule for the next 8 weeks ( or rather 7 weeks, since I just finished the first 1 ).

 

KingJR

Yeah, I was at a point where doing the rows in flat tuck was just too easy and found that I could do 2-3 rows with somewhat decent form in straddle on the straight bars. So just decided to start doing them in straddle. That is one thing that's on my mind though. If I should have continued with the flat tuck and simply increased my reps whilst working on improving my static FL until I'm able to do the straddle. But doing the FL is just way easier on a straight bar. Hell I can even hold a full FL on straight bars.

Tor

Glad I'm not the only one following a "strict" cycles. Looking forward to read your workouts ;)

KingJR

So just for kicks yesterday while doing my back levers, I decided to test out how long I could hold a straddle. To my surprise, I was able to hold it for 15 seconds with ease, so I switched to full lay, where I held it for another 10 seconds. Now since I can hold a full lay Back lever for 15 seconds, I'm wondering if I should just start training the full lay right away...since clearly I'll switch to it on my next cycle anyway, might as well do it now...unless someone gives me a good enough reason to hold on and continue with the progressions.