Bulgarian Ring Dips And Hespu

Started by 3D Guy, January 8, 2013 · 7 Replies · 1,166 Views

3D Guy

Well, i'm beginning to work on rinbulgarian ring dips.

 

They feel "easy", so i can perform 5x5, with difficult, but not broking form or cheating.

 

I'd like to know if my technique is correct.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23pjtqmUi0Q

 

 

I have noticed that i lack of internal rotation, more in the right side than in the left one.

 

Have you ever done mobility for internal rotation?
if yes, what kind of work could be helpful?

 

 

 

And for the HeSPU, i can perform singles, but i'm just don't like how my back looks (too arched, is that normal?)  should i go back to an easier progression and mkae some more volume before working in that ROM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeHXXgEaJrI

thanks for watching.

JamesP

Hard to tell for Bulgarian XR dips; they look decent to me.

 

As for the HeSPU, you should not be arching at all. Keep your abs and glutes tight and ribcage down. Also, your elbows are flaring out too much, keep them in tight.

Cody

The dips themselves look good, but the turn out at the top isn't so good. Work more on front support holds?

 

and for HeSPU, like James said, don't arch, and I'm pretty sure you're supposed to go forward more on the descent, this will make your elbows go back in the right position, and I think it will carryover to full ROM HSPU better.

 

I'll try to find a video of what I mean...

Cody

http://youtu.be/A5kJEgLpVHA?t=1m24s
 

not the best example, but I couldn't find anything with a side view

 

notice how his elbows go back? You have to go forward more for this to happen, also, look at his other HSPU in the beginning of the video, when done freestanding, your elbows have to go back otherwise you can't balance.

3D Guy

ohh, i have never realised about that i had to lean more forward in the hespu.

 

as you mention, Cody, the idea to do them freestanding helped me a lot to understand more the motion.

 

In my next workout i'll use that tip in order to perform them corrrectly.

 

One more question: will be worth to work singles?
Or should i go to an easier variation in order to create more volume?

Thanks for both answers =)

Cody

Maybe try doing the singles, then do 1/2 ROM for more reps?

3D Guy

thanks kalel, is agood source, and haven't finished of check it

 

 

=)