I just thought I'd share that I will probably be the oldest female completive gymnast competing this year in NC. I've been able to progress with the basics - with much help from Coach Sommer's gymnastics bodies conditioning - especially the seminars!!. I've gotten my strength and mobility back to levels when I was a teen and competed as an optional gymnast. I would say my mobility is trailing my strength and I"m much stronger as an adult in many cases.
I'll be competing level 7 - which is the beginning optional level. There is no adult gymnastics where I live - so I thought - what the heck - I'll just join the young ones! It should be a blast!!! So I'm working on my routines right now- and I have to say it such a decompression from the "real" adult world. I started a blog on the journey if y'all are interested. Lots of progress to be made for sure - but hey - why not?
http://chalkstudio.blogspot.com