Crackety Crack, Don't Talk Back!

Started by jamesters, January 6, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,699 Views

jamesters

The greater diversity of exercise I get into, the more places my body will crack in. Some of the places are cool and fun to crack (e.g. knees), others are annoying (e.g. various parts of my back). The reason my back can be annoying is because often just when inhaling it can crack, or it can crack at weird angles only on one side then I feel assymetrical that my other side doesn't do the same.

 

Why does a greater variety of exercises and probably high frequency of exercising result in the body cracking in more places, and is this good or bad?

Nyikhaj

For me these cracks and pops went away, when I began joint mobility work. This means a lot of joint circles with high reps (anywhere from 20 to 100, according to how I feel). I begin the work with light moves and gradually go to full rom. I always do some of these exercises in the morning, as well as part of my wu: every time I feel I need it. (you know: high mileage)

Brendan Coad

I have the same experience where the cracking has increased. Knees, elbow rotations, wrists occasionally  None of the cracking is painful at all and not to the point of breathing in my back.  But lets say I twist or bend to the right and crack one or two of the lower vertebrae.  If I twist to the left they won't crack again.  If  I twist or bend to the left they will crack but then not to the right so there is not one way they won't crack, its just once they've cracked, they're cracked.

 

Does anyone have a scientific explanation for what is going on? 

Christian

Same here. Everything cracks almost. Neck, back, wrists, knees. Had this since i was a kid actually. Nothing painful. For me it's this feeling of being a little stiff, then snap crackle and pop into limberness again.