Planche Help

Started by Pargie, January 5, 2013 · 8 Replies · 2,552 Views

Pargie

I'm so frustrated because I can't do straight arm frog stand or a ball planche yet I can hold bent arm frog stand for 60 seconds. My training experience is a week, yes I know that's a short time, but with bent FS like that why is straight arm version eluding me. I can do full wrist pushup so to my knowledge wrist flexibility shouldn't be a problem.

 

Any help appreciated.

stefanhinote

You have no patience.

 

Bent arm strength isn't the same as straight arm strength.

Pargie

Ok then, *insert okay.jpg here*

What are your tips for achieving straight arm Frog Stand aside from being patient

FredInChina
Pargie said:
I'm so frustrated (...) My training experience is a week

Congratz, you are the last entry on the injury watch list...  :facepalm:  :icon_twisted:

Pargie

No need for an insult. You could have left that facepalm away.

stefanhinote

If you can hold a frog stand for 60 seconds move on to advanced frog stand. Advanced frog stand is where the knees are rested directly behind and against the elbows. This plus patience will get you the straight arm strength to continue the planche progressions.

 

Like this:

Pargie

Thanks. Time to put my ego aside and enjoy the process.

FredInChina
Pargie said:
No need for an insult. You could have left that facepalm away.

Sorry, no insult meant - the facepalm was for "Oh no, not another good man on that list!" :)

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

ausswe

I had the same problem going from frog stand (2mins) to advance frog stand it was just a balance issue for me it came pretty quickly after I treated it like handstands and did it all the time. Grease the groove style.  Once I learnt how to lean into it and keep my balance then I went back to the regular ssc training for it.  Also make sure when you do it your knees aren't resting below your elbows.  It may make it harder but in the end it makes the transition to tuck planche easier, at least from my experience.