This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fl Prerequisite, Hollow Body Rock

Started by Robmob, January 3, 2013 · 7 Replies · 112 Views

Robmob

Hey there, can somebody please upload a video on correct form? I cant really remember all that well from the seminar and would like some memory backup. I only found one video from a crossfitter and it looked a bit wrong.

It would be greatly appreciated

Rob

Robmob

Thanks yeah i get it, how much ROM, legs over hips?

TANSTAAFL
Zach Armijo said:
Stay in a hollow and rock while keeping form. Rocks should be smooth. No thuds or jerky motion. Imagine a rocking chair?

I am having trouble with the 'no thuds' part. Can't see to do that without rounding the back. Perhaps my ROM is too exaggerated?

Niklas03
TANSTAAFL said:
I am having trouble with the 'no thuds' part. Can't see to do that without rounding the back. Perhaps my ROM is too exaggerated?

 

There will be "thuds" if the lower back isn't flat/rounded. Posteriorly rotate the pelvis, tense the body and enjoy a smoother ride. Also, if the ROM is too big, the speed could cause you to lose the hollow shape in the middle of the movement. Broken shape = broken rocker.

Blairbob

 Small rocks, not big. More momentum makes it easier.

Nic Branson

As Blairbob said. Small controlled rocks. Do not worry about the size especially early on. Get a tight hollow and gently rock, takes sme getting used to. Also check your arm position, be sure you are not "waving" them. This can generate momentum and also steal your tightness.

TANSTAAFL

Just to put it out there, personally I noticed  that doing these with arms down made it much harder to get a smooth motion. It's getting better, but definitely much easier with arms overhead. Unfortunately my core is not in agreement with being ready to do that yet :).

Johann Wimmer
TANSTAAFL said:
Just to put it out there, personally I noticed  that doing these with arms down made it much harder to get a smooth motion. It's getting better, but definitely much easier with arms overhead. Unfortunately my core is not in agreement with being ready to do that yet :).

I started them this week and I made the same observation - the movement becomes much easier when I put my arms overhead!