Your Personal Favorite Postworkout Meal?

Started by 3D Guy, January 2, 2013 · 12 Replies · 3,157 Views

3D Guy

Well, i must clear that this topic is completely different than Josh's Topic, as it's about what might be a great idea for a workout nutrition (Perfect idea i must say ).

 

But i find that a lot of us have different choices in a postworkout meal, some have full milk, chocolate milk, dextrose powder + whey, glucose + whey, and many, many other choices, that are due to different capabilities in different countries.

 

It might be a great idea to share what is our personal favorite PWO meal, and why we have that.

 

Personally i usually have deppending on the intensity or the volume i usually have 50-80 grs of CHO coming from 45 DE Glucose Syrup (20%-22%Dextrose, 16%-20% Maltose, 10%-15% Maltotriose , and the rest Higher Shaccarides) + 20-25 grs of whey .

 

I use the glucose syrup as it's very very cheap and easy to get, also is very practical to use.

 

 

 

 

Hope the post have great acceptation and be a great source !!

 

 

 

gohei_

My personal favorite PWO meal would have to be something we in Sweden call "ostkaka" which means cheesecake, though it's not the same thing as what you call cheesecake in america. It has a bit of protein and a lot of carbs and it tastes delicious with a lot of vanilla icecream and raspberry jam  :D  It's actually very often that I feast on a big bowl of this stuff after a nice workout.

Alex Chubb

I have grown to like coconut milk, berries, whey, and sometimes half a banana for the last training session of the day to lower my cortisol and put me to sleep. It's called using your carb intolerance for the win.

Joshua Slocum

After having a PWO shake/protein bar, I like to make a stir-fry with breaded chicken, peppers, onions, broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, snow peas, and garlic and ginger fried in sesame oil. 

Joshua Naterman

My whole food meals PWO usually consist of 1-2 cups rice, mixed with 1-2 cups of cooked vegetables, and either whey protein or lean chicken.

 

I have found that I absolutely LOVE the Grace brand Jerk seasoning. I use the mild, because spicier mixes cause food to move through your intestines more rapidly, which means less gets absorbed. So tasty!

 

Grace is also my favorite brand of coconut milk.

Brendan Coad

Shake consisting of:

 

-Whey

-Coconut cream

-Mango and pineapple or mixed berries

Fluidity

My PWO usually consists of Poptarts, whole wheat bread, bannas, and sometimes honey. And as for my protein I take whey.

Blairbob

Carnitas burrito. Pretty much has everything you could ever want in it. Carnitas, rice, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, guacamole.

 

Maybe Loma Saltado. Meat stir fry with potatoes.

 

Porked fried rice is another I like but it seems I can never eat enough of this stuff.

3D Guy

Hell yeah blairbob that sounds really good

One question... where do you live?

Carnitas and burritos are typical mexican food...

jl5555

Medium rare cheeseburger on texas toast with cheddar cheese, red onion, tomato and lettuce.  Side of crinkle cut french fries extra, extra, extra crispy.  And a pint of Guinness.

Daniel Burnham

My favorite is chipotle burrito bowl.  However I work out much later than they are open so I rarely get it.

Samui

I have been having whey + cocoa + creatine + maca + honey shake for a while now. Then a handful of nuts(walnuts/brazil/almonds), bowl of blueberries/strawberries and 1-2 fruit(bananas, avocados or kiwi fruits). Supplements: magnesium + fish oil. I eat the PWO in 30 minutes after the workout.

 

I eat plenty of vegetables with my other meals.

synchroGENized

Grapes and water on the ride home. 

 

2 Eggs fried in light smear of olive oil topped in sprinkle of hard cheese and a oven baked "arepa" made of 65% pre-cooked high-fiber cornmeal 35% wild cilantro/red aji/green onion. Glass of whole milk made from powder so that it ends up double thick.

 

**workout timing co-incides with biggest meal of day