Hello,
I've read that handstands can be practiced daily but I just want to clarify: Is that every workout day (3-4 days per week) or every day of the week (6-7 days)?
Thanks.
Started by The Hansenator, January 2, 2013 · 2 Replies · 5,250 Views
Hello,
I've read that handstands can be practiced daily but I just want to clarify: Is that every workout day (3-4 days per week) or every day of the week (6-7 days)?
Thanks.
Eventually, 6-7 days per week. At first, 2-3 days per week. You have to build up slowly, and control each day's work if you want to work out 6-7 days per week.
Yes, I repeat the above sentiments. For beginners, especially if previously quite sedentary, any handbalancing is really very taxing and it will be very easy to do too much and get injured and/or "over-trained". Even among beginners there's massive variability in how much work a person a) needs and b) can tolerate, so don't try to copy what others are doing if it doesn't seem to work for you. I would tend to recommend complete or near-complete recovery between sessions for total beginners, until you can learn more about what you can and can't handle and recover from.
Also consider what other exercise you're doing. If, say, you're lifting weights three times per week already then even one decent handbalancing session could tip the balance if you're close to your limits as it is.