End Of 2012 Training

Started by yuri marmerstein, January 1, 2013 · 8 Replies · 2,771 Views

yuri marmerstein

 

some handstands, one open gym and a couple extra clips

 

hope you enjoy

emos

Impressive as usual! A couple of questions:

 

1) Why do we see you practising your handbalancing in that public gym? Are you there to lift as well?

 

2) What was your earlier history with gymnastics or other sports and exercise, up to the age of, say, 18?

 

 

Thanks, happy new year.

yuri marmerstein
emos said:
Impressive as usual! A couple of questions:

 

1) Why do we see you practising your handbalancing in that public gym? Are you there to lift as well?

 

2) What was your earlier history with gymnastics or other sports and exercise, up to the age of, say, 18?

 

 

Thanks, happy new year.

 

1.  Where would you prefer I practice?  The carpet in my apartment is too soft and there are distractions there like the internet. 

I train handstands at the fitness center in my apartment complex.  It's free and takes a couple minutes walking to get there.  When I'm lucky, the place is empty. 

I lift there on occasion but the weight only go up to 50 lbs so it's not really enough to challenge me.

 

2.  No gymnastics history prior to 18.  I played soccer and ultimate frisbee in high school  Didn't start training acrobatics until college

Vagabond

Very good Yuri! :) It's great to see someone who wasn't a gymnast get to a good level. Your training must be very qualitative (can you say that in English?).

Joshua Naterman

Man, the 1 arm presses are pretty cool!!!

 

That business on the pole also looked crazy :)

Alex Chubb

I second about the presses! It is cool to see someone do that who also has legs and does oly lifting! And that didn't start until they were 18!

Joshua Slocum

Very nice handstands! 

Patrick Smith

Wow Yuri, your movements are so graceful. I like your handstand stuff which is fantastic, but your acrobatics are even cooler!

yuri marmerstein

Still a long way to go on one arm presses but they are coming along, especially since I only recently started training them.  It's definitely harder with legs but nothing I can really do about it(believe me, I've tried)

 

 

Ha, I think my acrobatics have actually gotten worse, don't work on it quite as much as I used to.  Too much to do, one of these days I will get everything right