Side Lever Training Without Stall Bars

Started by Alex Chubb, January 1, 2013 · 4 Replies · 3,052 Views

Alex Chubb

I wasn't sure where to put this but I thought it might help those of you who don't have access to stall bars for side levers and are like me and simply can't do pole versions. Instead, you can use the pins on a squat rack which nearly every gym has! Click the image to make it bigger.

 

 

post-1666-0-59036500-1357001293_thumb.jp'

B1214N

You can also do them with a doorway drilled chin-up bar with the door closed. You grab the bar with your top arm and push your hand against the door with the bottom arm.

Rik de Kort
B1214N said:
You can also do them with a doorway drilled chin-up bar with the door closed. You grab the bar with your top arm and push your hand against the door with the bottom arm.

If you have sturdy doors, you can just do them on the door, period.

B1214N

Having a partner works too.  :lol:

Craig

I use the ladders that most playgrounds have, or any other fixed ladder that I can find if I dont have access to a stall bar.  Vertical poles are  a little harder but good to practice on from time to time too imo