This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche Leans

Started by Erik Sjolin, December 31, 2012 · 1 Replies · 47 Views

Erik Sjolin

I have been working through the progressions for the planche, and have reached the end of the the cycle for the leans where the feet remain on the ground. However, I don't think my hands are close enough to my hips to progress to working the leans on a box (without sacrificing form). 

 

Should I stay on the floor until my hands are under my hips, or keep working the progressions?

Coach Sommer

Keep working on the planche leans until your hands are just in front of your hips.  At the end when you reach the proper depth of lean it will feel as though your feet are beginning to lose contact ever so slightly with the ground.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer