Breaking Up Statics?

Started by The Hansenator, December 30, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,746 Views

The Hansenator

To save time, I was thinking of breaking up statics into a workout A and workout B and alternating them. Are there any guidelines for this?

 

I don't have time for long workouts, 20-30 minutes on average, but I can workout nearly every day so brief but frequent works best for me.

 

Thanks.

Joshua Slocum

The primary issue with this is that the amount of warmup you need doesn't lower by much, so if you double the number of workouts you roughly double the amount of time you have to spend warming up. However, if you must break up your workouts, I would recommend splitting across exercises. If you would normally work on 6 exercises in a long workout, split that into two workouts where each is focused on only 3 exercises. 

The Hansenator

That sounds good, thanks.

 

I haven't been working gymnastic type stuff for a long time. I'm currently doing a kettlebell based workout but would like to start working on some of the static positions. Since I don't really warm up at all, even a short warmup would be more than I'm doing.