I recently picked up a pair of canes. Nothing professional grade. Just a 3 inch and 1 foot bar to work with.
So my question is, what grip do you use? I saw Willy Weldens grip, in which his pointer finger, middle finger, and ring finger were on the front of the cane, while his pinky and thumb were on their respective sides. I have seen other handbalancers use only their pointer finger on the front with the middle finger, ring finger, and pinky on one side with thumb on the other. Other times I have seen the pointer finger and the middle finger on the front, with the pinky and ring finger together.
I personally find one arm elbow levers to be easier with only my pointer finger on the front, however since I have begun fixing my handstand, I haven't tried that on canes. However when it was arched and awful, I found the grip with my pointer and middle fingers together to be the easier grip. I could maybe see a shift in grip while doing a HSPU negative into OAEL. I don't know the tricks of the trade though, so enlighten me. What works for you? What don't you like?