Hi Everyone,
In the last couple of works outs i have progressed to Russian dips. I can easily do normal dips... I'm finding the russian dips very difficult (which is stated in GB book) I know Cole suggests doing jumping variations until sufficient strength is built. I have been performing these for the last 2 workouts however and don't feel i'm doing much to progress with this exercise.
The problem seems to be at the bottom of the exercise, I'm wondering how people generate power to get back up that initial bit once your arms are on the bars? Is there some type of swinging technique that is also involved here? Also are your legs straight or bent at the bottom of the dip? I'm doing the dips on two Olympic bars that are resting between a level on my power rack... Because these bars are quite thin i have wrapped some towels around them to give me padding for my arms are the bottom...
Is there some more variations or training to help me progress this exercise faster?
Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,