http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYPmGfztQ_o
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYPmGfztQ_o
I'm trying to find my weak link on planche. I know serratus anterior and trap-3 are both common.
I'm not sure which is my wink link (or if it's both), but I'm inclined to think serratus anterior. I seem to have a difficult time feeling the position.
PROS AND CONS OF EACH EXERCISE
1) It's difficult to increase the difficulty of this exercise, bands could help, but getting the resistance and position of the bands on the body is difficult to be specific with.
2) It seems easy for the deltoids to take over on this lift. I actually did this exercise years ago in a class by Ido Portal and I lifted more than anyone else in the class (I think I was doing 20 pounds), but in retrospect, my deltoids were probably taking over and my trap-3 working little if any. Here I'm just working with 5 pounds, but it's still difficult to feel this exercise and ensure the deltoids aren't doing most of the work.
3) I'm pretty sure this exercise would work the trap-3 but correct me if I'm wrong. If it does, this is my favorite. It feels less likely for the deltoids or other muscles to take over, and it's easy to increase the difficulty of this exercise. The weight can slide, but I can adjust it to keep it centered after each rep. Just doing 5 pounds here for the video, but I can get 15 pounds for 5 reps as of now.