Some Videos For Critique From My Last Cycle Test...

Started by 3D Guy, December 28, 2012 · 10 Replies · 1,534 Views

3D Guy

Hello everybody and hope you all had great Christmas with your families!!

 

well, i'm finishing my last cycle of the year, and have some videos of the tests...

 

I 'm recovering from an intestinal infection, so i gave what i could...

 

 

i'll be updating with the fbe strength videos... but my current progress is this

 

HS alignment work

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLRz4P35EGU

 

Full back lever (my hips are a bit high....)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CuFFmaiyZw

 

Advanced L-sit

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37cVBIWaGl4

 

one leg front lever 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJenZPmucG8

 

Rings Support

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljkhwamKLA8

 

 

It would be great if you could tell me what you think of the positions, and what i can correct for having greater improvements.

 

thanks for watching and commenting

FredInChina

Very nice...

Don't forget to breathe during exercises :D

FutureisNow

Your handstand seems very good to me. I'm not saying it's perfect - but you seem well balanced over your hands and your hips seem neutral. Your L-sit is starting to move into V-sit territory - so very good on that.

 

The front and back levers may have a bit too rounded back, according to the way I was demonstrated.

Mind you I have the same issue, but I believe that it should be somewhat flatter. I think it's just more core training at easier variations to reduce it. Hopefully someone more experienced will comment on this though. 

 

Your support RTO is quite good though seems to be leaning to your left. Are you favoring your right side for some reason or the rings not level perhaps? I see a little more shake compared to the HS for example, but it may some fatigue set in by the last video. 

 

Overall - good going!

3D Guy
FredInChina said:
Very nice...

Don't forget to breathe during exercises :D

 

Thanks man, yes i haven't noticed that i almost don't breath during my statics... i need to work on that haha =)

 

 

FutureisNow said:
Your handstand seems very good to me. I'm not saying it's perfect - but you seem well balanced over your hands and your hips seem neutral. Your L-sit is starting to move into V-sit territory - so very good on that.

 

The front and back levers may have a bit too rounded back, according to the way I was demonstrated.

Mind you I have the same issue, but I believe that it should be somewhat flatter. I think it's just more core training at easier variations to reduce it. Hopefully someone more experienced will comment on this though. 

 

Your support RTO is quite good though seems to be leaning to your left. Are you favoring your right side for some reason or the rings not level perhaps? I see a little more shake compared to the HS for example, but it may some fatigue set in by the last video. 

 

Overall - good going!

 

Thank you FIN, i think i need more core work for the front lever, i tried the straddle version and defintely couldn't hold my hips at the level... 

 

And for the RTO, the problem is both XD  the rings are a little bit uneven.. and i have to work switching in each set as the straps are improvised and always are uneven (something that hald centimeter..) 

Also i was already tired in the Rings support, usually i work for sets of 15-20 seconds with that form, but in the try i just couldn't hold for any more time..

 

 

I forgot to ask something..  

 

Could it be a good idea to begin working in l-sit in rings?  or might be good to continue working them in separated ways?

might working in l-sit in rings give me more strength for an advanced l-sit (v-sit) on floor?

Thanks again for answering  and greetings from mexico 

 

=)

Daniel Burnham

L-sit on rings is good to do after the RTO support gets to 30 seconds.  It puts more pressure on the shoulders and allows you to get a better feel for the rings.  I recommend doing them in tandem with manna and v work.  Personally I think straddle is better to do than v-sit first.  Though if you really want v go for it.  There will be some carry over but the l-sit on rings is mostly a building block for more advanced ring skills and a great position to press from.

3D Guy
Daniel Burnham said:
L-sit on rings is good to do after the RTO support gets to 30 seconds.  It puts more pressure on the shoulders and allows you to get a better feel for the rings.  I recommend doing them in tandem with manna and v work.  Personally I think straddle is better to do than v-sit first.  Though if you really want v go for it.  There will be some carry over but the l-sit on rings is mostly a building block for more advanced ring skills and a great position to press from.

thank you man!

i forgot to mention straddle!

 

it's true, definetivley i'll work on compression in straddle l-sit and pancake as one of my goals for this 2013 is to achieve a press to hs from straddle l-sit

 

 

Thank you again man!

Nacho training

In the advanced L-sit try to retract the shoulders and bring your hips forward. Then you can think in lift a bit the legs but in the video you lift without retract. Try it and you will experiment some good effort on the triceps.

Yaad Mohammad

Handstand:

Looks actually really good!

 

Back-lever:

Like you said, just drop them hips!

 

Advanced l-sit:

Lift your hips, that's the most important part for v-sit.

 

One-legged front-lever:

Retract your scapula, it's now very protracted. Do this by pushing your chest out and not looking at your feet.

 

Ring support:

BREATH MAN!

bajramovic92

Back lever: I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but in regards to your back lever, perhaps something that'll help you get your back a bit more flat is by sticking your chest out. Even when you try that when you're sitting down, it helps flatten out your back. Perhaps you're already doing that and something else that is keeping your back slightly rounded, but it's just a suggestion.

 

Front lever: Again, kinda similar to the back lever suggestion, perhaps stick your chest out a bit more to get that flatter back. Or perhaps think about it as pulling your shoulders down and back.

 

Just some suggestions.

Yaad Mohammad

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bajramovic92" data-cid="93979" data-time="1358109536"><p>

<strong class='bbc'>Back lever</strong>: I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but in regards to your back lever, perhaps something that'll help you get your back a bit more flat is by sticking your chest out. Even when you try that when you're sitting down, it helps flatten out your back. Perhaps you're already doing that and something else that is keeping your back slightly rounded, but it's just a suggestion.<br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'>Front lever</strong>: Again, kinda similar to the back lever suggestion, perhaps stick your chest out a bit more to get that flatter back. Or perhaps think about it as pulling your shoulders down and back.<br />

<br />

Just some suggestions.</p></blockquote>

I don't agree with the back-lever. Your scapula is supposed be protracted in the back-lever, which is why he has this upper back arch, just like in the planche. His lower-back seems flat. The front-lever I do agree with. Stick out your chest and retract your scapula.

bajramovic92
Yaad Mohammad said:
I don't agree with the back-lever. Your scapula is supposed be protracted in the back-lever, which is why he has this upper back arch, just like in the planche. His lower-back seems flat. The front-lever I do agree with. Stick out your chest and retract your scapula.

Ah, yes. I was just toying around with my body while sitting to see what would help flatten out the back. I wasn't really thinking much of the shoulders. Mistake on my part. Thanks.