Hello,after 2 months of 5 sets-12 second hold of tuck planche with correct form,I decided to give a try for my max hold and got 30 seconds.One week ago I started 4 sets of 15 second hold.The problem is that I am able to hold only the first two sets of 15s with good form,the next 2 sets my hips go below shoulder height.Is this normal ?
Tuck Planche - Is This Normal ?
Started by Blazzy, December 27, 2012 · 17 Replies · 7,160 Views
It means it's too much for you at the moment, you can't handle 4x15 seconds. But I could be wrong, care to post a picture or video?
I managed to hold all my 5x12s with good form.I don't got any video with 15s hold but got one with 12s hold.
So here it is: http://youtu.be/IqtCKQmUn_E
Yaad Mohammad said:It means it's too much for you at the moment, you can't handle 4x15 seconds. But I could be wrong, care to post a picture or video?
Blazzy said:I managed to hold all my 5x12s with good form.I don't got any video with 15s hold but got one with 12s hold.So here it is: http://youtu.be/IqtCKQmUn_E
Excellent form! I think it wouldn't really matter if your hips would slightly drop. It depends how far it drops. Does it drop below your shoulders?
Well I was thinking that is still hard for me to hold the 3 and 4 set of my tuck planche because I have just started a new cicle but really don't know if this is or not.Yes is drops below my shoulder.Does muscle soreness can affect my tuck planche ?
Yaad Mohammad said:Excellent form! I think it wouldn't really matter if your hips would slightly drop. It depends how far it drops. Does it drop below your shoulders?
Blazzy said:Well I was thinking that is still hard for me to hold the 3 and 4 set of my tuck planche because I have just started a new cicle but really don't know if this is or not.Yes is drops below my shoulder.Does muscle soreness can affect my tuck planche ?
Muscle soreness in your shoulders and lads do affect your tuck planche, yes. If it does drop below your shoulders than you are not strong enough to train with 15 seconds.Do you mind telling me what your planche training schedule is?
Well I start doing some warming after I start with my tuck planche hold and planche leans.
I have soreness in my lats and abs after some training that I did on tuesday.
Blazzy said:Well I start doing some warming after I start with my tuck planche hold and planche leans.I have soreness in my lats and abs after some training that I did on tuesday.
Feeling soreness in your lats means you are doing extremely well! Keep it up
Yaad Mohammad said:Feeling soreness in your lats means you are doing extremely well! Keep it up
Okay and thank you.I will keep training and after one month I will see my form,if it is way more better it means it was just a matter of time and "accomodation" with the new cicle.
The video is private... ![]()
Can someone critique my tuck planche?
ASTRO said:Can someone critique my tuck planche?
You seem to lean too much forward, besides that you need to start working on protracting your scapula. I don't recommend doing tuck planches at the moment. Start doing some planche leans with protracted shoulders.
Yaad Mohammad said:You seem to lean too much forward, besides that you need to start working on protracting your scapula. I don't recommend doing tuck planches at the moment. Start doing some planche leans with protracted shoulders.
That's my take too.
Thank you. I will post another one as soon as my wrist heals.
I'm gonna do a week of planche leans after my wrist heals but was my back straight enough for an advance tuck planche?
Astro: You are not ready... The straight back is only one aspect of this movement. You will not get far if you do not address the things already mentioned. One week of planche leans will not be enough. More like a month or several and then build back through the progressions using proper form. That is how you achieve these things. Don't be so short sighted. I don't know the nature of your wrist injury but if it is from training that should be lesson enough to show you how unprepared you are.
The wrist injury is from capoeira, tricking, flares, and trying to do 1990s but I will start my progressions over.
Plus starting over would be for the best cause I just got over spinal injury haha