Handstand Wall Run On Lamp Post?

Started by tonio145, December 26, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,307 Views

tonio145

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XreUeJrwwh8

 

I was wondering if its ok to do the handstand wall runs on this lamp post instead of on a wall. I kinda put my feet in between the lamp post and I find it a lot easier to balance. My goal is to get past that 10 minute time so I can gain the strength for a press handstand

FredInChina

Looks good to me... just be careful not to fall on these large bolts ;)

tonio145

but would i still get the same strength gain and skill transfer for press handstand? it feels easier then doing it on the wall

yuri marmerstein

I don't really like the amount of hip rotation happening, just something to consider. 

 

10 minutes of wall running is a feat of endurance, it affects presses indirectly.  Of course there is carryover but in general If you want to get better at presses, work presses

tonio145

yeah the hip rotation is probably whats making it easier. i think ill just go back to the wall then. i have been trying to do press work but i feel stuck and frustrated with my progress. I cant do it against the wall without using my head to help me and when i do free standing negatives i lean too far forward