Sorry that i have a lot of questions. Will short advanced tuck planche holds be effective. When you get to 15 seconds you can move on to the next progression correct? I started doing 5sets x 5 second holds be enough time to improve? My max advanced tuck was like 7-9 seconds, didn't get an exact count.
Short Static Holds?
Started by Tavis G, December 26, 2012 · 8 Replies · 2,266 Views
Yea dont skip the 30s. I did that mistake. Right now my goal is to get a 30s open knee TP.
My time added up to 25 seconds. But on that 5th set, my shoulders are fried and probably can't hold another set. Would you guys recommend adding in a 3 second set then a 2 second set? Or something of the like?
Don't add up to 30. 30 per set.
I know in the end i will want 30 seconds in a set but how else am i supposed to get ther without adding times up?
Misunderstanding. I thought you were tryin to only add up to 30 seconds. I would try to add more time per sets if possible. Then add sets if that can't be done. Keep the sets a little lower though try aiming for 5. So for you go down to 3 sets and up the time to something in the 7-10 range. Josh recommends you go to failure but I only do this if I don't have much work to do afterwards that involves the affected muscles.
Tavis G said:I know in the end i will want 30 seconds in a set but how else am i supposed to get ther without adding times up?
In that case, I think you should scale down to the next less difficult progression to accumulate the time; once you are able to do longer holds, you can resume with advanced tuck planche holds.
for me it helps me bust through stagnation to go to the next progression and do some heavier sets for a while then go back to the previous progression again. for example my front lever was doing tuck for about 30 seconds seconds and getting nowhere even started getting harder but I could do adv tuck for just 7 seconds so i did some sets of those and trained that for a while next thing I know i can hold a tuck front lever for 50 seconds and adv tuck for 20 or so. Did the same getting to my now straddle front lever =D
This is actually my first time training planche holds in months. And i hate very long holds like 20 seconds unless I'm testing my max. I feel i am getting way stronger in this position.