I am sure there are a lot of issues with it, but can anyone help me with this headspring. What are the biggest causes of failure here? Thank you!
headspring.mov
Started by Alex Chubb, December 20, 2012 · 3 Replies · 3,262 Views
I am sure there are a lot of issues with it, but can anyone help me with this headspring. What are the biggest causes of failure here? Thank you!
headspring.mov
you're not finishing the push from the upper body and thus don't have enough time in the air to put your feet under your hips for the landing
your approach is not helping you at all either. My suggestion would be to go into it through a piked headstand, then kick the legs forward followed by a strong push from the upper body. As you are in the air, actively pull the feel down to the floor and the chest up to land standing. This can also be performed down an incline.
Really this is just a variation of a kipup so no need to overcomplicate it
Awesome. Thank you Yuri. That's what my wife said too. I'll start trying it like that then.
Yuri, I took your advice today and used a complete push and was able to do a kip up. Then a did a forward roll into a kip up. Thank you!