Deadhang Question.

Started by menging, December 18, 2012 · 3 Replies · 3,042 Views

menging

Greetings.

 

Whenever I do full deadhang, with external rotation of the arms of course, I get this extremely painful stretch in my armpits. When I make the hollow position, the stretch get even more extreme.

 

Anyone have any ideas what this is? I'm not worried as it has been getting less and less painful as I have progressed with the deadhang, but I'm just curious.

 

Thanks.

tcorgat
it has been getting less and less painful as I have progressed with the deadhang

 

There's you key. It takes time to get used to it. I remember I had something like that when I started doing german hangs, although not exactly in armpits, but more in my biceps. A painful stretch, I felt that my biceps would tear apart. So as soon as I started to feel the stretch I would let go. You just need to go slowly, start with just a couple of secounds - as soon as you feel pain let go. As you body gets familiar with it, and you get stronger & more flexible the pain will stop. I know my stretch pain dissapeared after a couple of weeks.

Daniel Burnham
menging said:
Greetings.

 

Whenever I do full deadhang, with external rotation of the arms of course, I get this extremely painful stretch in my armpits. When I make the hollow position, the stretch get even more extreme.

 

Anyone have any ideas what this is? I'm not worried as it has been getting less and less painful as I have progressed with the deadhang, but I'm just curious.

 

Thanks.

I hang for about a minute before each workout and then swing myself around on the rings to loosen up.  This usually gets rid of the feeling.  If you cant hang for a minute without pain you should build up to that first.

menging

Thanks guys.

 

I'll just work my way through it.

 

German hangs is also the same, I will start carefully with those.