This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Steve's "Building the Gymnastic Body" Workout Log

Started by yehindabay, December 7, 2008 · 2 Replies · 1,140 Views

yehindabay

What's up guys! I just recently got the book, dvds, and rings and created a workout from the book. I've been actively working out for awhile and I'm just starting to do the workout. This is what it's looking like right now. Hope you guys can give me any advice on what I can improve on. Tell me what you guys think of workout too!

Monday

5 Dips (XR dips)

5 Curl (XR reverse chin up)

Rest 60 seconds until next set

Repeat 2 times

Static: 60 seconds total work time

Backlever tuck

Planche – flat tuck

Tuesday:

5 HeSPU negative

5 Pullup – XR bulgarian

Rest 60 seconds until next set

Repeat 2 times

Static: 60 seconds total work time

Back lever tuck

Planche – flat tuck

Thursday:

5 Pushup XR PPP

5 Row –XR ground

Rest 60 seconds until next set

Repeat 2 times

Static: 60 seconds total work time

Back lever tuck

Planche – Flat tuck

Friday:

5 Core – V-Up Straddle

5 Leg – SLS Jump

5 Core – Windshield Wipers – half

Rest 60 seconds until next set

Repeat 2 times

Static: 60 seconds total work time

Front lever straddle

L-Sit

Arch

Thanks for sharing... how's it working? I just received the book, and I think I interpreted it differently... I think Coach Sommers recommended the static work (1 minute total for each) before your worksets (around 3X5) with FULL BODY WORK each day (instead of distributed over the week). My schedule will have an exercise each day 3X3-5 for a curl, dip, core, and leg movement after 2 static exercises (probably planche and lever). I'll rotate different exercises for each of four to five days (hopefully working in different planes), but work full body each day... I think that's what Coach Sommers meant. I still need to see how this will work with my recovery ability, I'm more accustomed to HIT workouts to complete failure once every 7-9 days! I'm also still debating if/how I can integrate some weighted bench, squat, deadlift, and row work into a routine... I'd love to increase my strength specific to those movements if I can do it without significant mass increase. Thanks again for sharing your program, let us know how it's working!

Ortprod

Yeah, I just got the book too and had a little bit of trouble coming up with a routine. The only thing you are missing is the leg work each day. I thought I remember Coach talking about putting all static elements at the end of the dynamic work though (either after each set or after the whole workout routine).