Workout Routine?

Started by Deadlocked007, December 12, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,011 Views

Deadlocked007

I posted this in the getting started section but no replies :/ 

 

 

Exactly what the title says. I'm lost in what to do for a routine I've been part of my school team for a year(it's girl's season right now so limited gymnastics room use)  but I'm very challenged in learning things so I've been trying to build up strength to compensate for that. I want something that will help me build immense strength in every aspect as I have exactly 2 months left until season start. I'm 5' 7" and I weigh 130 pounds give or take a few. My friends joke around and call me Mr.Swole but I feel bad because I'm nowhere near as skilled as them. I have flexibility and some of legs covered by using weights btw.

 

Strength:

70 consecutive push ups could possibly go more but haven't tried.

A couple hundred sit ups

15 pull ups from dead hang

20 chin ups from dead hang

3 free standing handstand push ups

10 wall handstand push ups

5 one arm push ups each arm

150 or more squats I haven't tried going past that lol

 

Skills:

30 s L sit  can bring legs up past 90 degrees just a but I'm going for the v sit :3

20 s Tuck planche

Press into handstand from tuck planche but bent arms like crazy

Headstand

Press into headstand in all possible ways(pike, tuck, straddle)

15 s Handstand toes pointed and all the fun stuff  :D

2 m wall handstand both ways

Cartwheel 

Round-off 

Basic stuff like rolls but no flipping at all since I'm extremely challenged at it lmao..

Scissors on pommel

Leg cuts on pommel

 

Equipment:

Paralettes(Built from PVC   :D)

Pommel horse(50$ craigslist :3)

Pull up bar in doorway(Perfect pull up)

Use chairs for dips sometimes

 

Just ask if you want to know if I can do something or not or if I have something I may have missed a few things.

 

 

Edit: I forgot haha I have access to the weight room after school Tuesday to Thursday!

 
mirroredrain

If you want a program that can build immense strength then Id say you've found the right website. I will say, you seem to enjoy strength 'endurance'. Do you ever add a challenge to the basic calisthenics mentioned (ie. external weights, decreased leverage...)? And be cautious in regards to that 50$ Craigslist pommel! Sounds a little un-trustable.

Deadlocked007
mirroredrain said:

If you want a program that can build immense strength then Id say you've found the right website. I will say, you seem to enjoy strength 'endurance'. Do you ever add a challenge to the basic calisthenics mentioned (ie. external weights, decreased leverage...)? And be cautious in regards to that 50$ Craigslist pommel! Sounds a little un-trustable.

Yes I do I sometimes do pushups between three chairs or put my legs on the wall and to planche pushups. Weights though would be a problem since I don't have a weight vest or something useful like that. It's better than nothing eh :D I removed the legs to practice circles on the floor using it and it's pretty sturdy It's holding up pretty well for me also!