Reverse Leg Lifts For Planche Training?

Started by Paolo, December 11, 2012 · 4 Replies · 4,279 Views

Paolo

My height is 5'4" and my BW is 125 lbs. 

 

This is my theory - you need  to be able to do a RLL 10 second static hold with 50% - 75% BW for perfect planche push ups and and 90% - 100% to execute Erbs. (Is that even possible for an elite gymnast???)

 

This past year, I only trained the isometric planche progressions and presses. I didn't practice much core exercises save for HLL once or twice a month. I didn't do hollow body holds/rocks or arch body holds/rocks. I didn't do any of the dynamic bent arm strength planche progressions that often (which I totally regret.) And I never did any of the back exercises listed in the BtGB book. 

 

I decided to go to my local gym to try out my max RLL. I started at 10 lbs and kept adding 5 lbs. I was able to do 35 lbs for 5 - 6 seconds, but was unable to do 40 lbs. This was the very first time I ever attempted this exercise. 

 

So to hold a full planche for 2 - 3 seconds, I need to be able to hold a static RLL for ~30%+ of my BW for 5 - 6 seconds. 

 

Too bad i don't have something high enough like a pommel horse to elevate my feet :/

 

The longer you can hold a RLL with heavier weight, the more repetitions you can bust out for Erbs and planche push ups. 

 

What do you guys think?

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Fiuib57Rw

 

EDIT: I think I'm going to get a gym membership soon, so I have access to a bench press machine for reverse grip, waistline bench press. I am considering buying a 100 lbs weighted vest for pseudo planche push ups or the other bent arm planche progressions as an alternative to a gym membership.

Cappe

Where should the static hold be? At 90°?

Paolo
Cappe said:

Where should the static hold be? At 90°?

Yeah, when my body is parallel to the ground like in my video. 

Cappe

LOL, man you've just linked to "My video's" so everyone that clicks on that link will get to their own youtube channel and there own videos...