Hi guys thought it was about time I got a log up on here in the hope that A people might be interested and B I may get some hints and tips.
Little bit about me. Im 33, 5ft10, 164lbs (72ish kg), been training two years and rings about 8 months.
At the moment I am training both rings and weights as follows
Rings
Legs
Upper Weights
Rest and repeat
It seems to be working for me at the mo.
Current projects Im working on back and front lever, one arm push up on rings
Planche push up and free standing HSPU on floor.
Will put up last couple of workouts to give you a taste.
04/12/12
All done on rings
Back lever practice
Not sure I got any closer to parallel but felt better and started to feel the muscles rather than concentrating on not falling which is a good sign
Front lever practice
This was shocking, needs lots of work and will make up the funny part of the vids tomorrow
Dips - 17PB,8,8
Yeh baby :-P decided to record the first set and go for it wanted 20but as you see by my face right at the end I was spent
Wide grip pull ups - 6,6,6
One arm push ups ? 4R,2L;2R,1L
Never attempted these before and if I'm brutally honest prob got 2 good reps with right arm both times and all the rest was half reps but I don't care I did it :-)
Flys - 5,5,5
Went to dl first but couldn't
Leg press - 10*120,10*140,7*160
Numbers down as increased Rom back to below parallel, knee felt ok
DL - 5*60,5*80,3*1*90,3*1*100,2*1*110,F*120
Don't know whether to call them triples or not as I stood up and reset after each rep to reinforce form! Had no right going for the 120 really lol
Leg ext - 4*10*45
Fitball ham roll - 3*10
Smith calf raise - 10*20,10*40,10*60 not including bar
Getting into this legs thing but still in comfort zone at the mo
Handstand practice
Been neglecting this was like starting again
1 step wall HSPUs - 2,2,2,2,2
Wow you wouldn't think that little bit of extra depth would be so much harder! Gonna stick with these up to sets of 5 then add another step and so on
Bridge work
Not done these since I was a kid could get into it but was tough on the wrists, will keep trying
Wall HSPUs - 6,8,6
Felt easy after the others lol
Pseudo push ups - 10,10,10
Satisfying session
Flat db press - 5*24,5*28,4*36,3*36,2*36 set PB,5*32.5
Shoulder still niggly but happy to get the 36s up 3 times never done that before and the first set felt smooth :-)
Row machine - 5*55,5*65,5*85,5*90,5*95,4*95PB
Boom whole stack for 5 and two sets
OHP - 5*30,5*40,4*52.5,4*52.5,3*52.5 set PB,10*45
Boom first time getting anything over 50 for more than one set
Lat pulldown - 5*60,5*80,5*100,5*100,5*100 set PB
Boom finally got the stack for 3 sets of 5
Chest machine - 5*60,5*60,5*60
Shoulder machine - 5*40,5*40,5*40
Chin ups - 10,10,10
Cable low row - 8*91,8*91,8*91