Below Wod Standards?

Started by Joey Frad, December 10, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,744 Views

Joey Frad

hey guys I know the WOD includes the various elements all in one programming option. I also know that coach said this

 

 

"However, if at any time you feel that physically that the other components are beyond your current abilities, I would recommend focusing solely on developing a sound foundation of basic strength as I have outlined in the first two GB WODs."

 

 

Are there any baseline movements that we could use as a reference to know if we are able to push past the "basic" level?

 

eg. at what point of basic strength is it then ok to include dynamic movements?

Flameous

As I understand, main focus to dynamic (explosive) movements should be given only after you have reached abundance of maximal strength. That is you are stronger in all static positions and movements than you really have to be.

However gymnastics has a lot of dynamic movement included in the skill work and obviously you don't wait to gain huge amounts of strength before starting all skill work. 

 

In conclusion I think that all dynamic work you are doing should be really low intensity compared to your maximal strength level until you are really strong and sure to have your tendons prepared.