This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Niftyvts Log

Started by niftyvt, December 9, 2012 · 0 Replies · 22 Views

niftyvt

So my handbalalncing topic got a little side tracked so I decided to start a log so I can put everything in one place.

 

Old topic

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/2799-handbalancing-work/

 

In order to workout I need a place to work out.    Seeing as I just moved into a place of my own I have a garage thats just asking to be turned into an awesome gym.  So as I build I will post some pictures to show how I set everything up.

 

The beginning

DSC02104.jpg

 

The pile of lumber and rubber mats is the materials for my lifting platform.  

 

I started building my lifting platform when the ADD kicked in and I decided I need to hang my rope and rings. . . so I cut a huge hole in the ceiling.

DSC02111.jpg

 

To support the rope/rings I laminated (nails + glue) two 2x4s together.  Once I figured out where I want the rope/rings to hang I measured everything out and proceeded to climb into the ceiling and mount the supports.

 

DSC02115.jpg

 

After getting everything above the ceiling prepped I screwed and glued the 2nd layer of plywood down for my lifting platform.  You can see my stahl bars just leaning against the wall, need to mount em ASAP!  :D

 

DSC02116.jpg

 

I then hung my rings (no picture yet) did a few test muscle ups and decided to call it a day.  I have been supper sick for the past couple days so I was creaking during the muscle ups  :)

 

Things to get: More lights (the existing lights are not near bright enough!), Squat Rack (because squats are good for you!), spring floor blue foam to put under rings, and by the stahl bars and another section to throw under the rope.  The rope hangs over the corner of the lifting platform and when I lift I will just swing it over and hook it to the stahl bars so its out of the way, and last but not least a Spanish Web to play with.

 

I also picked up another pair of 45lb bumper plates so now I have enough to lift!  I was actually maxing out my weight set on my DL B) .

 

Feel free to ask questions!