Hi folks,
Finished the book, really enjoyed it, and looking to put some of the ideas into practice but I have a few questions...
First up, program design: the example in static training has the planche work being divided into 10 six-second sets (Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri). Basic strength training suggests 3x3 or 3x5 schemes (also Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri). Integrated training (which I would like to follow) advocates mixing the two, with static work preceding basic strength work. The book also states:
In integrated training, the steady state cycle established for your static strength work will be set aside in favor of either the PTTP or the steady state cycle that you will be following for your basic strength work.
So this means I start with a static hold (held longer than if I were doing 10 sets, I assume?) rest a bit, then do the corresponding basic strength exercise. That constitutes one set. Repeat that cycle two more times and that's the three sets, right?
Hard to adjust to the idea that just three sets will do the trick, but I like it. :-)
Also, I can probably deduce these on my own, but I don't suppose there's a table suggesting exercise pairings anywhere?
Thanks!
Jim