Purchasing Stall Bars

Started by Sven Ravnstag, December 9, 2012 · 8 Replies · 3,603 Views

Sven Ravnstag

I'm in the market for some stall bars. There seem to be two options readily available on google, one for a little over $300 and the other for over $500. Are there specific considerations to be made when purchasing stall bars for gymnastics purposes? Obviously I'd like to save money where possible, but not at significant loss of quality. Below are the two options I've come across. An suggestions between the two or better alternatives will be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

The cheaper set: http://www.promedxpress.com/products/stall-bars/?sourcecode=SHOPPING

The more expensive set from Norbert's:

http://www.norberts.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16_44_286

Coach Sommer

As both are of equal quality, I recommend going with the promedxpress option.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Daniel Burnham

If you really want to save money you can make them yourself.  It isn't too difficult of a project if you have the time for it. I think I spent around 80 bucks on mine.  There are a few DIY guides around and the process is pretty straight forward.

mehowte

As Coach Sommer said, choose the cheaper variant. I have bought custom made ones a year ago and they are marvelous.

 

Stall bars along with a foldable pull up bar and Xtreme Rings land in a category of best purchases of my life.

 

You won't regret it:)

shrank

Where did these customs tall bars come from? Link?

mehowte said:

As Coach Sommer said, choose the cheaper variant. I have bought custom made ones a year ago and they are marvelous.

 

Stall bars along with a foldable pull up bar and Xtreme Rings land in a category of best purchases of my life.

 

You won't regret it:)

mehowte
shrank said:

Where did these customs tall bars come from? Link?

Here you go. But beware. Site is Polish;)

 

http://drabinki-gimnastyczne.pl/

 

They cost around 100$ but I'm not sure if they deliver outside of Poland (you can definitely try asking by email though).

Sven Ravnstag

Thanks everyone!

 
Sven Ravnstag

Mehowte-

Foldable pull-up bar? Any pictures of this? How is it?

mehowte

Something, like this.

75450-259-1-jpg.jpg

 

If you lower it, you can use it for archups, or as a dipping station.

I have my XR's attached to it. So I just lower them for rows, XR pushups etc.

 

I don't recommend kipping and swings, but apart from that it's great. :)