Hi there,
I have been strength training in the conventional sense for a while and never really seen much progress, and I have been wondering about the benefits of gymnastics. I was hoping you could answer some questions for me:
1) I work best when I have a set routine I can work to. Will the upcoming book on basic strength contain this or guidelines on how to create one? Also how suitable will it be for total beginners to strength training?
2) I have always struggled with chins and dips compared to other lifts because I am very tall and have very long arms. Will this decrease the effectiveness of gymnastic training for me?
3) Most importantly, I am an enthusiastic if not especially talented sportsman. Is Gymnastic Strength Training™ good training for sports other than gymnastics? I am thinking specifically of rowing, rugby and martial arts, but I would be interested in your take on the relevance of this kind of training to any other sports too.
Thanks in advance,
Liam