This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wod - 121206

Started by Coach Sommer, December 6, 2012 · 5 Replies · 1,938 Views

Coach Sommer
Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo XR FL Rows

1 Embedded PL  + 5 Tempo XR PPP+

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers

 

Finish the workout with 10 http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=160&highlight=#p581'>Bridge Wall Walks

 

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Row/Pushup variations prior to beginning your working sets.  The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling always adjust the difficulty of the FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.  

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise.  Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 321 for the basic strength sets.  For the XR PPP+, this equates to a 3 second descent, followed by a 2 second pause at the bottom with the feet elevated, then a 1 second ascent.

6) Be sure to use a full ROM during the XR FL Rows.

7) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the PL with the hips at shoulder height.  You may adjust the position of the body as necessary.

8 ) If XR PPP+ are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate pushup variation.

9) If Body Levers are too easy, increase the intensity by adding weight at the ankles.

10) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

 
mehowte

I have a question about scaling embedded FSP.

 

If I'm is not yet ready for even 15s tuck FL, tuck BL:

  • should I replaced them both with embedded L-sit for example
  • use tuck positions with hips higher than shoulders
  • or should I train my FSPs first and wait with joining WOD's until I'm ready

In the first case scaled wod would look like:

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Tempo Bar Rows
1 Embedded L-sit  + 5 Tempo XR Pushups
1 Embedded Frog stand + 5 Tempo Tuck Body Levers

 

In the second case:

1 Embedded (incline) Tuck BL+ 5 Tempo Bar Rows
1 Embedded (incline) Tuck FL  + 5 Tempo XR Pushups
1 Embedded Frog stand + 5 Tempo Tuck Body Levers
Rik de Kort

Personally I'd wait with joining the WOD's.

Jon Douglas

I'd do the WoDs, personally. L-hang for front lever, German hang for BL until (shouldn't take too long unless you're injured) 15 second tucks. It will require some creativity in scaling the exercises, but it will get you used to the relative workload pretty efficiently.

Your milage may vary.

mehowte

Good idea with L-hang. I'm not sure my elbows are ready for German hangs though, I've had slight problems with them in the past when I rushed things.

 

Thank you guys for advice. I think I'll stay with basic push-pull FBE's and FSP prerequisites until the end of January and then give WOD's a try. Though I think I'll have most problems with finding a gym (or other place to train) for dynamic leg strength days.

Paulo
mehowte said:

Though I think I'll have most problems with finding a gym (or other place to train) for dynamic leg strength days.

Thats my biggest problem to. Sucks