I think there was an article by Coach, but I can't seem to find it. Start in a bridge, hold RPL for 3 - 5 seconds, then press to a handstand.
A lot of bboys add it to their routines, but they bend their arms.
Started by pinoyako, December 5, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,326 Views
I think there was an article by Coach, but I can't seem to find it. Start in a bridge, hold RPL for 3 - 5 seconds, then press to a handstand.
A lot of bboys add it to their routines, but they bend their arms.
You mean hold a hollowback.
My understanding is that you start working hollowbacks with back to the wall. and you also go through bridge progressions.
Over time you will get to the point where you can lower all the way down into a bridge, touch your feet, and come back out.
I haven't got the slightest idea what the proper progressions are for this, it's way past anything I need to be thinking about ![]()
For now, you should probably work on opening your shoulders ![]()
Basically what you want to do is lift into a mexican handstand(thats the handbalancing term at least) from a backbridge. This takes very good shoulder and back flexibility and you should be able to do straight arm back walkovers with ease first. When doing the walkovers a little tempo is acceptable and slowly you might get flexible enough to just lean and lift the legs off. To do this without ilfting any of the legs take insane shoulder flex almost to a contortion level, so if i were you I would at least first focus a lot on learning back walkovers. Getting a solid backbridge and work with a wall like Josh said is a good way to progress and also learn to go into backbridge from a handstand when you get comfortable with it. Of course a handstand with fully open shoulders is neccesary to start to learn this.
The reason bboys bend their arms is that because of all the freeze moves, they tend to be much more flexible with wide arms and also they look for different aestetics. Going to handstand from backbridge is generally easier with wide and bent arms.