I've recently found my flexibility being more and more an issue with my FSP (L-Sit and Handstands) and really want to do something about it once and for all.
I'm a 24 year old male with dismal flexibility, trying to touch my toes from standing I can reach just past my knees. My standing straddle is about 1m and I can't reach the ground. Hip and back flexibility is also very limited.
I've done 3 years of karate (when I was 16-19) where I made zero progress, months of yoga and even tried "forced relaxation".
I find it hard to stick to any new stretching routine as I never seem to make progress and I'm unsure if I'm approaching it in the right way.
So what do I do?
A little and often? 1/2/3 days of intense stretching a week? Forced Relaxation? Yoga?
I just don't know "how" to improve my flexibility.
Thanks.