Brachialis Soreness?

Started by menging, December 3, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,977 Views

menging

Hey.

After each session with planche leans( once a week ), hands facing backwards, I have some degree of soreness in the brachialis (outer edge of the upper arm). When massaging the tendons of the elbow I have no pain, but I have some ridiculously painful trigger points in the brachialis itself. Trigger points shown below.

post-1937-0-90892500-1354569239_thumb.jp

I use heatpack and vibrational massage, aswell as manual massage.

I only train the biceps directly with pullps 1x/week and PL.Leans 1x/week.

Should I take it a little bit easy?

Cole Dano

Take it easy and when you resume, don't turn the hands all the way back. At this stage Coach Sommer recommends not more than 90 degrees turn out. This is because of the amount of stress it places on the Brachialis.

menging

Will do.

Thank you very much!