Cheap Dipping Station?

Started by Cannister, December 3, 2012 · 3 Replies · 4,057 Views

Cannister

I've found that the one exercise I consistently have trouble doing because of equipment is dips - plain dips, russian dips, any of them. Can anyone suggest a commercially available dipping station that has bars long enough to perform russian dips on - my PVC paralletes are too low to the ground to perform these on.

Ideally they would be something that I'd be able to do things like korean dips on eventually.

Or if DIY is a better way to go about this - can anyone point me in the direction of some plans or examples of what other people have done for this? Real P-Bars are mighty expensive...

Johann Wimmer

Quite a while ago, I built myself a dipping station out of PVC that lets me perform Russian Dips:

skyler_t

Hello I just built some the other day. I used folding metal saw horses with adjustable height $40 each . Bought bath tub rails drilled holes in the top of saw horses and just bolted them down. Cost was about $130 for the total build im really enjoying them so far.

Eli

I see amazon has some dip stations for ~$100 that could work for russian dips. For regular dips I mostly use the rings hanging on my pull up bar, but can also use the monkey bars at the nearby playground.