Pain During Manna Progression

Started by matthew.percussion, December 2, 2008 · 3 Replies · 3,352 Views

matthew.percussion

One of my gymnastic team buddies and I have been working diligently on the Manna progressions describe in Building the Gymnastic Body. Both of us are able to hold the 'Manna - MSH low' for 15-20s. One thing that both of us have noticed is pain! Quite a lot of it. It seems to be in the hip flexor area but, it feels more like joint pain.

Once we stop the hold the pain subsides but it still doesn't seem right. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it normal/right?

Blairbob

It's probably hip flexor pain just like straddle L work. Screams in pain like the dickens until you let up on it.

Richard Duelley

I have the same hip flexor pain. Its not a bad pain, it just lets me know I am trying really hard :D . I have started to notice that every time I do the holds the pain is less than the time before. Just keep working at it, as long as the pain doesnt linger, if it does you might have strained something.

Coach Sommer

This is simple muscle cramping and is quite normal when training the MSH varations; especially initially. It will begin to diminish as your strength improves.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer