Joshua Naterman said:
B1214:
To me, in a maltese you're trying to keep the COG from moving forward in the saggital plane, whereas in a victorian you're trying to keep it from moving backwards. To me, this former is pressing and the latter is pulling. That's how I categorize these two movements, because if we are talking about what muscles do then everything is a pull. Muscles can't push. It would be like trying to push something with a rope... the rope just gets all floppy on you, but when you pull things move.
The definition I got for pull is to move (hands) toward your COG and press is to move away from your COG. So by that definition they would both be a pull. I guess this is just a different interpretation of pull/press and both can be correct or one is wrong? So by your definition, the back lever would be considered a press? You know a lot more than me so I might be wrong here.