any advice would be great! I have 4 days a week that i can train, at the moment I am mainly doing basic ring work and handstand push ups on parrellettes (however you spell them). I would really like to incorporate some HIIT cardio in my week to help get rid of a stubborn 5kgs. I was thinking of either A) dropping down to 2 sessions of cardio and 2 of what i am currently doing. Would this still be enough to continue building muscle? Or would it be better to do B) 1 cardio and 3 other sessions of ring and parellettes (think that might be the right spelling)? I was also wondering if do A) for a short period of time, ay 1-2 months or would be better to do B) for a longer period of time. My usual workouts are about 4 min long. The HIIt I have started to do is the beep test or shuttle run over 20m, i have found this to be good due to its rising intensity and the time it takes to do (plus i can do it in my backyard). Any advice would be awesome!
Cadio
Started by mattdaly, December 1, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,986 Views
I've never done any HIIT cardio, but I can tell you that running at moderate speed for a couple of km (or miles) 2-3 days a week works very good for me.
You might wanna check out this thread: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5063-cardio/page__hl__cardio
If you want to lose weight, you need to be at a caloric deficit
If you want to build muscle, you need to be at a caloric surplus
Its very difficult to do both at the same time though, there are some bodybuilders that claim they can do it