Got Full Planche Pushups At The First Attempt?

Started by ZRX38, November 30, 2012 · 14 Replies · 3,615 Views

ZRX38

This guy uploaded a video saying "i saw a few guys online doing this pushups so i thought i could give them a try"

I think the guy is a bodybuilder, and his speciality is one handed pull ups

Do you think he got the full planche push up without even training it ?

mirroredrain

That's not the real deal. He can't do a full static planche I can almost guarantee. A good hint is the bent arm low-hip tuck planche as he starts the workout. His form is bad, thus making it much easier and far less effective. and I'm sure he's worked on this before that video was taken.

FutureisNow

Excellent strength nonetheless.

Handbalancer

I have seen him before. He does something like 10 1 arm pullups like it is nothing and he is in general extremely strong so I wouldnt be surprised if he can do that with very little training. In the circus community I have also seen a guy full planche without even doing much upper body training at all, and several people doing good straddle planches out of nowhere.

One time this young naive freerunning guy came to training. He didnt have much knowledge about any acrobatics but he had some solid strenght. he asked me about iron cross as i was doing some rings conditioning, and i told him it takes years of preparation. He jumped up and lowered into a perfect cross on long rings without any arm bend or false grip at all and held it for a couple of seconds. My jaw litterally dropped to the floor. To add to the madness he was a heavy guy at around 80kgs. Interestingly enough he also had one of the strongest front levers i have ever seen(which he said he had worked on), but could not even hold a straddle back lever, so it really shows how specific strength can be.

AlexX

The guy is clearly strong, he is also clearly strong in body weight exercises. I believe he is quite short, so having said all that I am not really sure why it's so hard to believe that he did that on the first try.

A gym where I use to work the owner saw me working one arm chinups one day and asks me how to do one (he was 5'8 230). I said it isn't much technique but just strength. He grabs the bar and pulls himself up to the bar just short of his head being completely over the bar. I was training the OAC for 2 years at that point and could only do what he did on a good day. He also cranked out natural glute ham raises like they were no issue despite never having done anything of the sort before.

mirroredrain

I will say that I am jealous of his overhead pressing strength! And word to handbalancer's last point.

Joshua Naterman
AlexX said:

The guy is clearly strong, he is also clearly strong in body weight exercises. I believe he is quite short, so having said all that I am not really sure why it's so hard to believe that he did that on the first try.

A gym where I use to work the owner saw me working one arm chinups one day and asks me how to do one (he was 5'8 230). I said it isn't much technique but just strength. He grabs the bar and pulls himself up to the bar just short of his head being completely over the bar. I was training the OAC for 2 years at that point and could only do what he did on a good day. He also cranked out natural glute ham raises like they were no issue despite never having done anything of the sort before.

5'8 230 is inhuman. No wonder he had no trouble.

red1392

Ah this is the crazy one arm pullup guy. He's insane. 20s + FL on his first day trying them too. He can do FL Rows pretty easily.

And of course, he managed 48 OA Pullups... in 5 minutes.

Vagabond

Yeah, I've seen this guy before too. He's a total beast. His planche isn't perfect, but he'd get it really fast. I wonder how he's got his basic strength foundations.

ZRX38
Vagabond said:

I wonder how he's got his basic strength foundations.

Yeah man me too

Patrick Smith
Vagabond said:

Yeah, I've seen this guy before too. He's a total beast. His planche isn't perfect, but he'd get it really fast. I wonder how he's got his basic strength foundations.

Not overnight.

Vagabond

Not overnight, but if he works on it well, he'll nail it in a few weeks.

ngoachoi
Vagabond said:

Yeah, I've seen this guy before too. He's a total beast. His planche isn't perfect, but he'd get it really fast. I wonder how he's got his basic strength foundations.

I think he mentioned his in some type of military.

Coach Sommer

Both the planche and the accompanying planche pushups shown in the video above are unnacceptable. Be forewarned that if planche pushups performed in this manner were submitted for GB evaluation and GB ranking they would fail.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

AlexX
Joshua Naterman said:

5'8 230 is inhuman. No wonder he had no trouble.

Yeah the guy was crazy strong and quite athletic. At his size he was a fast sprinter and always matched me on box jumps no problem despite not really training them. The funniest part was he always wanted to train with me and for me to help him with exercises selections and I'd go you are benching 415 for reps as warm up I really don't think I have much in the way of advice for you.