Hey guys,
I can muscle up on rings with decent form but only singles.
Do i bring the rings in closer together on he negatives to maintain the false grip.
Or is is the fact that I need to strenghten my false grip? Any advice would be appreciated..
Started by Trini, November 29, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,524 Views
Hey guys,
I can muscle up on rings with decent form but only singles.
Do i bring the rings in closer together on he negatives to maintain the false grip.
Or is is the fact that I need to strenghten my false grip? Any advice would be appreciated..
You've got your elbows up way too high as you enter the transition during the negative, and your wrists are too extended. Watch videos of people with nice muscle ups and watch the elbows and wrists during the negative, and copy them.
Your best bet is to learn this with assistance from your feet or a band, or during a foot-supported row.
You need to slide back into the false grip while going down. It's that easy.
^^^ @ Falcon
Here's a trick...it sounds heretical but I find it works well for synthetic rings. Tape your rings. Voila!