I've been doing the same bent-arm strength workout for a few weeks now, and I'm looking to switch things up. This is what I've been doing:
Warmup:
- ~30s holding handstand position
- 4-6 skill ring strength routine (e.g. front lever->muscle up to L-sit->hollow-back->back roll->back lever).
3x sets, with 5 minute rest between each set. Each exercise is performed slowly:
- 4x straddled planche pushups
- 4x maltese board presses (these are technically straight-arm, but they don't stress my joints much so I do them along with my bent-arm work)
- 4x inverted muscle ups, performed negative
- 4x inverted bulgarian handstand pushup
- 8x inverted rows on rings
- ~3 minutes manna work
I'm of the opinion that it's important to up exercises every few-weeks to prevent the body from becoming ''acclimated" to a particular exercise. Thus I'm looking for new movements that will hit similar strength areas. Here's what I'm thinking so far:
- 3x cranks to work core and shoulder retractors
- 2x cirques on 15' rope to work bicep strength
- 4x wide-grip muscle-ups to work cross-related strength
- 3x Galimores to work planche strength
- ~3 minutes manna work
I'm struggling to come up with exercises to replace the bulgarian hspu's and the maltese board presses. Any help/suggestions? Should I just keep doing those? Should I make any other changes to my routine? My primary goals at this point are building maltese strength and building/maintaining planche strength.