This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sam's Training Log

Started by Sam Carr, November 27, 2012 · 6 Replies · 24 Views

Sam Carr

I've never kept a legitimate log before but I guess I'll try it out.

Handstand Mobility (do 1 every day for ~5min)

Headstand

Prone Pelvic Tilts

Headstand

Pelvic Tilt from forearm plank

Forearm Headstand

Supine Leg Lift

Headstand with straight/wide arms

Straight Arm Front Support w/pelvic tilt

Supine w/arms extended and bent legs

Hollow stand against wall

Sit on floor cross-legged with arms extended holding a dowel 3x10r

Disclocates

Reverse Dislocates

Prone HS pelvic tilts - arch with legs off of ground, then go hollow and allow legs to drop but now lift arms (holding dowel - full extension)

Static Long Hollow 1x30s

Monday:

Wrist Pushups 3x10r

Dead Hang 2x30s

Scapular Pushups 1x30r

Shoulder Flex Pulls 1x10r w/10s hold on last rep

HBH

Forearm Plank

Pushup

Row

Shoulders training with weights I got from Poliquin's website that I superset with vertical pulling movements.

Tuesday:

Weighted Pike Stretch 1x30s

Cat Cows 1x30r

Knee Series

ABH

Tuck V-Ups

Back Squat ATG 6x8

Lunge 4x10 (progressive loading)

Hamstring Curls or RDL 5x12 (prog loading)

Standing Calf Raises 10x10 w/10s rest between sets (extended drop set)

OR

Donkey Calf Raises 3x40

Thursday:

Same mobility and prep elements as monday

Incline Bench Press superset with Barbell Rows 5x12 (prog loading)

Chest Fly/Dips superset with Lat Pulldown/Pulldowns/Pull Ups 5x12 (prog loading)

Friday:

Same mobility and prep elements as tuesday

Front Squats Wave-like Pattern 1 (Poliquin)

Leg Extensions 5x12 (prog loading)

Seated Calf Raises 3x5-10-10 (drop set)

Sam Carr

Current measurements completely relxed:

Height 5'8"

Weight ~150 lbs

Taken on 9/5/12

Upper Arm R-11.5, L-11.5

Forearm R-10.5, L-10.5

Chest 39

Thigh R-20.5, L-21

Calf R-13.5, L-13.5

Waist 31

Shoulder 44.5

Neck 15

Retake measurements on 12/5/12

Goal is to get closer to 165 to compete in 165 lb weight class for dead lifting competition in my gym next summer.

Sam Carr

All prep elements are making progress but I had to start over after reaching week 9 before and I am now starting back on week 3 after reaching week 10 this time. The final weeks of the hollow body hold are too difficult. I am going to start over using arms extended and aim for contractions on higher levels than before.

Recently when doing forearm plank I have noticed if I push through my upper back area very hard, I feel it in my traps, but I lose scapula depression... I will try working on this more to see what happens. I also was checking my protraction in a mirror while standing and my right shoulder is visibly higher than my left and my right trap seems to do more work than my left, and my left serratus does more than my right... Must experience with different shoulder positions to make the two even, and then build from there. I hope when doing floor planks my shoulders aren't moving to uneven positions under the stress, but they probably are.

Sam Carr

My shoulders were feeling tight and so before and after my training I did some reverse dislocates as well as regular ones and it felt much better. Also my shoulder were even during protraction in plank, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Got my new lifting shoes in and so I'm looking forward to trying them out next tuesday when i squat.

Sam Carr

I have stopped training arms in regard to things like specific forearm work, bicep curls, and triceps extensions. It was cutting into my recovery and I think that as soon as I'm at the level of working on rings, my arms will get plenty of stimulation.

Sam Carr

New Measurements taken on 12/5/12
Weight 151.6 lbs
Upper Arm R-12, L-12
Forearm R-10.5, L-10.5
Chest 41.5
Thigh R-21, L-21.5
Calf R-13.5, L-13.5
Waist 31
Shoulder 46
Neck 15

 

My bodyweight barely went up, if at all over the 3 months that has gone by since I last took measurements. While taking measurements I was disappointed because I didn't think anything changed, but looking at it now, I'm surprised that my chest and shoulder size increased to such a degree. Also my arms have grown 1/2 inch even tho I stopped doing curls and tricep extensions.... I would've liked to see more leg development but I am still getting the basics of squats down and I think that next time, I will see a bigger increase in thigh size. I am hope to get bigger calves but I know it will be difficult. The next 3 months will tell.

Sam Carr

Haven't worked out for the past 2 weeks due to studying for finals and I was starting to catch a cold. I haven't been eating or sleeping much + the stress from finals has probably caused me to lose a lot of weight and strength.