about the book: a beginner needs some infos

Started by gio_italy, December 1, 2008 · 2 Replies · 2,286 Views

gio_italy

Hello everyone!

I am just a beginner here and I am planning to buy Coach Sommer's book. Now, I have a few questions:

1- is the book too advanced for me at the moment? (the only thing I can do now is an l-sit which I can hold for 30 seconds).

2- should I be able to "appreciate" and "use" the book even if I don't have a place to hang a couple of rings at the moment (things should change later next year).

3- I understand that the books that are shipping right now were all allocated during the pre-arrival sale. Does this mean that if I place my order now I'll have to wait for the next batch (a month or more) ?

Thanks in advance.

friendly

Gio

Jason Ingram

Hello Gio,

I recently received the book and can answer your first 2 questions.

1. The book is not too advanced for you (by the way, a 30 second l-sit is pretty good). It has a range of exercises, from very basic to quite advanced.

2. There are many exercises in the book (and DVDs) that are demonstrated without the rings, as long as you have access to a pull-up bar with some room. Parallel bars would be nice, but you can get by fine with even a couple chairs for dips. Also, parallettes may come in handy for some of the exercises.

3. I don't know the answer to #3.

I highly recommend the book and DVDs!

Jason

gio_italy

Thanks for the quick and useful reply.

Gio